Tasty coconut shake
Batu Berendam Coconut Shake is one of my personal preferences. When we came to Melaka we always go to this place to get our coconut shake. Their staff is very friendly and very efficient.From their regular customer
What Is A Coconut Shake?
If in Korea you can find Pat Bing Soo, in Italy we can find Italian Slushie and we can find ice-blended in most coffee beans. Here in Malaysia, we got a unique summer drink which is coconut shake.
Coconut shake is made by blending ice, coconut juice, and its content, plus some sweetened condensed milk and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. After mixing it, another scoop of ice cream is added for topping. Some stalls even add some chocolate rice onto the ice cream. Some will add soda to it. There are many varieties, actually. It depends a lot on the creativity of the sellers.
The drink is really the best choice during hot weather as coconut juice helps cool off the body temperature, and adding the ice cream will make your body feel refreshing.
Batu Berendam Coconut Shake
There are plenty of coconut shake stalls in Melaka. I choose to give a review on coconut shake in Batu Berendam because the location is the most strategic. Batu Berendam is situated in the Melaka Tengah district. The location of the stall is near the main three junctions Durian Tunggal, Melaka, and Cheng. The stall is situated about 2 KM from the Melaka International Airport.
What’s Unique About the Batu Berendam Coconut Shake Stall?
- Location – It’s near the main road that makes it easy to find for a person who unfamiliar with Melaka roads.
- Ample parking space – Although the stall is near the main road it has plenty of room to park the cars and is situated in front of the small shops that have many parking areas.
- Efficient workers – Although the stall is small, they have efficient staff. You don’t have to wait for long to get a cup of cool coconut shake.
- The taste of the coconut shake – the coconut shake is really tasty and the ice cream is so smooth that will give you a refreshing feeling after a hot day.
- The other special menu – they also sell traditional kuih like keropok lekor, pisang goreng and cempedak goreng that works well with the coconut shake for tea time. Besides that, you can add coconut juice for free if you drink at the stall. You can also buy a variety of local fruit that sell just beside the stall.
Batu Berendam Coconut Shake Price:
Price – regular RM2, special RM 2.50. The special coconut shake has an extra ice cream topping.
Operation time – Saturday-Thursday (1230-1830), Friday (1400-1830)
Coconut shake Batu Berendam is must try when you come and visit Melaka. You will find the way to refresh our body and relieve our thirst.
Some Information About The Coconut Tree In Malaysia
Coconut shake in Malaysia became famous in 2007. The coconut tree is very common in Malaysia and easy to access. It is because the weather in Malaysia is suited for coconut plantation. The coconut tree is known as a plant that has many functions.
It you have not see one, this is how coconut trees look like:
Every part of coconut tree can be used:
- The trunk can make a bridge and also as a building material.
- The thatch can be used as a food wrapper in Malay food and also can be made as a roof.
- Vein of coconut palm frond can be made as a broomstick.
- The coconut fiber can be made as a string.
- The coconut oil can be made as cooking oil or hair oil.
- The coconut sap can be processed to make sugar.
- Coconut juice can cool the body.
- The fruit’s white content can be eaten or even grated and further process to produce coconut milk. Coconut milk is an important ingredient for many recipes in the Malaysian local food. Nasi lemak and rendang, to name a few.