2014 is only 75 days away and it has been officially declared as the Visit Malaysia Year. Exciting events, celebrations and promotions have been lined up to welcome you to Malaysia.
MelakaCool will be busy as usual, promoting Melaka and Malaysia to the world. We will also list the events that is specifically related to Melaka and Visit Malaysia 2014 in our monthly events section. You could expect many interesting events since Malaysia is expecting to receive about 28 millions tourists next year. That’s almost the same number as the population of Malaysia.
For the time being, if you are new to Malaysia, check out the e-brochures below from Tourism Malaysia. If you are new to Melaka and would like to learn more about Melaka, then browse our site.
Tourism Malaysia has produced many e-brochures that are made specifically for Visit Malaysia Year 2014. Some of them are listed below. You can view them at Tourism Malaysia.
- Malaysia Travel Guide – Meet the warm and friendly people of Malaysia and cherish the warm memories here. Be captivated by the country’s gorgeous landscape, its varied races and religion, and many wonderful attractions. Grab the chance to visit Malaysia, and be a part of the wonderful culture which has existed since the 14th century.
- Nature – Malaysia’s parks ad gardens refreshing retreats for the whole family.
- Homestay – Experience local culture, customs and traditions in a homestay village.
- Highland Resort – Enjoy a cup of refreshing home-grown tea in a full view of Cameron Highland’s sprawling tea plantation
- Diving – Boasting some of the world’s best diving destinations, Malaysia is the ultimate diver’s paradise.
- Theme Parks – Malaysia’s cutting-edge international theme parks provide fun and adventure for the whole family.
- Island and Beaches – Hire a boat and go island hopping.
- Golfing – Spread over undulating terrain ad verdant greenery, Malaysia’s golf courses offer spectacular sights.
- Food – Malaysia has some of Asia’s finest cuisine, given the wide variety of cooking styles ad cultural influences.
- Shopping – Malaysia’s upscale shopping malls are decked with leading international brands and designer labels.
- Cycling – The tremendous growth of the cycling community had led to numerous local and international events.
- 2014 Calendar of Events & Festivals – Welcome to Malaysia, a fascinating destination made up of various races,
- cultures and traditions.
To know Malaysia is to love Malaysia – a bubbling, bustling melting-pot of races and religions where Malays, Indians, Chinese and many other ethnic groups live together in peace and harmony. Our multiculturalism has made Malaysia a gastronomical paradise and home to hundreds of colorful festivals. It’s no wonder that we love celebrating and socializing. As a people, Malaysians are very relaxed, warm and friendly.
Geographically, Malaysia is almost as diverse as its culture. 11 states and 2 federal territories (Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya) form Peninsular Malaysia which is separated by the South China Sea from East Malaysia which includes the 2 states (Sabah and Sarawak on the island of Borneo) and a third federal territory, the island of Labuan.
One of Malaysia’s key attractions is its extreme contrasts which further add to this theme of ‘diversity’. Towering skyscrapers look down upon wooden houses built on stilts while five-star hotels sit just meters away from ancient reefs.
Rugged mountains reach dramatically for the sky while their rainforest-clad slopes sweep down to floodplains teeming with forest life. Cool highland hideaways roll down to warm, sandy beaches and rich, humid mangroves.
For the perfect holiday full of surprises, the time is now, the place is Malaysia. Further information on the country can be obtained Tourism Malaysia and also from the Malaysian government’s official portal.