Malaysia government has introduced a new innovation in the public service through the implementation of ‘1 Malaysia One Call Centre’ (1MOCC) in November 2012. The innovation is aimed to make the communication between the public and government agencies more effective. But do you know there’s a state in Malaysia that has made similar innovation before? Do you know which state? Yes, it is Melaka that came out with the idea to centralized the call center for all state aggecies. The idea came from YAB Datuk Seri Hj. Mohd Ali bin Mohd Rustam, The Chief Minister of Melaka whose focus is to give the best service to the public.
The system is called Melaka One Number Call Centre (ONCC) and owned by Melaka’s state government. It is the first state to implement a call center that operates 24/7 including on public holidays. All the call will be answered or sent to related agency. Caller also can get feedback, information, complaints or ask anything about Melaka. You can call ONNC to get information on investment opportunities, tourism, activities and programs, latest job vacancies or natural disaster in Melaka.
If the federal government 1MOCC system using 03 8000 8000 as their number, Melaka ONCC number is much easier to remember 06- 333 3333 as the main number for caller to remember.
There are 5 main agencies involved in the system:-
- Melaka State Government as the owner of the system. It provides the Melaka*Net networking infrastructure to support the technology
- Melaka ICT Holding – a Melaka state company that maintain the system.
- Invest Melaka Berhad – a Melaka state company that operated the call centre
- Telekom Malaysia Bhd –The communication technology services provider
- TGS Enterprise Network (formerly known as Siemens Enterprise Networks) – Supplier of Equipment and Software.
The service provide by Melaka ONCC includes the application systems such as :-
- Call Center System – 24/7 Call Centre that is using IP Operator Console by each of operator that is equipped with directory application of all agencies.
- Melaka Net Infrastructure which is connected to all the Government agencies with high capacity IPVPN.
- Unified Communication (UC) – Combine instant messaging (IM) technology, digital faxing, voice mail, voice conferencing, softphone.
- E-Aduan Application Portal – Complaint portal using website that give services to public to make complaint and get feedback.
- SMS/Infoblast – The technology that uses SMS to send information to the public.
The innovation has worn numerous awards and recognition:-
- ISO 9001 : 2008 certification awarded by SIRIM Berhad
- 5s certification awarded by MALAYSIA PRODUCTIVITY CORPORATION (MPC)
- Finalist of AIICT ( Anugerah Innovasi Teknologi Maklumat & Komunikasi 2012 organized by MAMPU under the Prime Minister Department of Malaysia)
ONCC has also reduced the government agencies telecommunication cost after it was implemented last year. It is also can be considered successful as a lot of people, investors and government agencies are using this system and satisfied with the services.
Chief Secretary Malaysia visit ONCC office
For more information about Melaka One Stop Center (ONCC) contact
Invest Melaka Berhad
No 24-4, 26-4 Tingkat 4
Bangunan Kota Cemerlang,
Lebuh Ayer Keroh
75450 Hang Tuah Jaya
No Tel: 06-3333333
Pictures credit :- Asmaliana.com, Facebook Dr Ali Hamsa (Chief Secretary to the Government Malaysia)